- This event has passed.
Advocacy for Recovery Coaches Advanced Training
February 21, 2020 . 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$60
A(a)dvocacy for Recovery Coaches & CRPA is a one-day, (6) hour workshop designed to offer the Recovery Coach/CRPA an opportunity for exploration, consideration within a practical skills building experience that supports the vital role of an effective A(a)dvocate.
The role of advocate is a primary function of a professional, effective RC/CRPA as they work with those seeking a lifestyle of wellness via a personal pathway of recovery. The following engagement offers participants an opportunity to deepen and refine their understandings and skills as recovery and wellness professionals.
The big (A) and little (a) roles of advocacy are unique distinctions within the skill of an effective advocate. On behalf of either a recoveree(a) or recovery(A), executing the role of an effective advocate is critical to achieving the outcomes envisioned. We trust this workshop contributes to your personal and professional goals as well as being a positive contribution to the expanding Recovery Oriented System of Care landscape emerging across the country.
Upon completion of this training, the participants will:
- Define advocacy.
- Describe the multi-dimensional nature of advocacy.
- Define and explore the skills required by a recovery coach when performing advocacy roles.
- Describe the effect of advocacy on the awareness building of recovery ideals, principles and de-stigmatization of addiction.
- Analyze the ethical considerations for the recovery coach as they undertake advocacy roles on behalf of organizations.
- Create a personal plan of advocacy on behalf of the recovery coach professional designation.