- This event has passed.
Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches
March 2, 2020 . 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm$40
Motivational Interviewing (MI) for Recovery Coaches offers participants a full day of unique opportunities to deepen their understanding, practice and proficiency with MI, a highly-regarded evidence-based practice for encouraging, facilitating and supporting behavior change as it may be specifically adapted for non-clinical uses by Recovery Coaches & Peers.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the concept of intrinsic motivation and its role in recovery & MI
- Review the history and use of MI.
- Understand the key points, processes and skills of MI.
- Describe “change talk” and practice identifying it within MI interactions.
- Articulate how/why MI aligns with the non-clinical lane of Recovery Coach/Peer.
- Practice each of the skills (O-A-R-S) with meaningful observer feedback.