- This event has passed.
Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches
December 5, 2017 - December 6, 2017$50
Motivational Interviewing for Recovery Coaches offers participants unique opportunities to deepen their understanding, practice and proficiency with MI, a highly-regarded evidence-based practice for encouraging, facilitating and supporting behavior change as it may be specifically adapted for non-clinical uses by Recovery Coaches & Peers. Segments stand alone and need not be taken in alphabetical order.
Upon completion of this learning cycle, the participants will:
- Understand the historical basis, core tenets, processes and skills of Motivational Interviewing.
- Compare and contrast the use of MI within a variety of environments; mental health, human services, education, substance use, etc.
- Articulate how/why MI works within the specific non-clinical lane of the Recovery Coach/Peer.
- Explore the depth and variety of interpersonal interactions that encourage individual change in substance use, recovery and mental health settings.
- Practice each of the skills O-A-R-S with meaningful observer feedback.