- Este evento ha pasado.
Opiate Addiction and Medication Assisted Treatment
octubre 12, 2018 . 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
This one-day workshop will introduce participants to Medication-Assisted Treatment for people with opioid use disorders. We will focus on the neurobiology of opioid addiction focusing on the brain changes resulting from long-term opioid use and the implications for addiction treatment.
Agonist, partial agonist, antagonist and non-medication assisted therapy will be discussed and include:
- Deciding factors between medication and non-medication assisted treatment,
- Treatment protocols
Participants will explore the integration of the principles of Harm Reduction, Transtheoretical Theory and Motivational Enhancement Therapy in the treatment of opiate addicts in agonist therapy.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- State no less than three consequences of opiate addiction;
- State the different classifications of opioids
- Identify no less than three resources for treating opioid addicts
- State the rationale for the use of medication such as methadone and suboxone in the treatment of opiate addicts; and
- Identify key concepts, strategies and skills for effective clinical interventions with opiate addicts
Presented by: Michael Gaudet, LICSW