- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL-Neurobiology of Addiction
May 7, 2020 . 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$25
Cognitive neuroscience, where psychology meets biology, has enabled us to clarify some of the biological bases for substance use and other addictive disorders. This workshop will examine connections between the brain changes and psychological/emotional/behavioral components of addictive disorders. The progression of these disorders will be discussed along with their increasing resistance to change and the implications for treatment..
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Participants will be able to list brain structures implicated in these disorders and their roles
- Participants will be able to describe the effects of drugs of abuse
- Participants will be able to describe the process by which these disorders take on a life of their own.
- Participants will be able to list three strategies to help clients loosen the grip of addictive disorders.
- Participants will be able to describe the actions of psychotropic meds and their value in treatment of these disorders.
- THIS IS HAS BEEN SPLIT INTO TWO DAYS 9AM-12PM-YOU MUST ATTEND BOTH DAYS TO RECEIVE CREDITS