For Parents

Talk with a Helpline Specialist (800-327-5050) about your questions and concerns

Many parents can’t tell if their child is struggling with substance use, and they might not know where to turn. Helpline Specialists can answer your questions and refer you to services to help your child and you.

Search for treatment online

Answer a few anonymous questions about your child’s needs, and you’ll get a tailored list of services for your child.

Several services are available for youth and young adults:

Section 35

Section 35 (Massachsusetts General Laws Chapter 123) permits the courts to involuntarily commit a person whose alcohol or other drug use puts themselves or others as risk. It can lead to inpatient substance use treatment for up to 90 days. Section 35 is an option of last resort and should only be used when all other treatment options have not worked for your loved one, and they are an immediate danger to themselves or others. Find out more about the Section 35 process here.

Get tips

Learn how to best find services and get someone into a treatment program – with or without insurance.

Learn more