You deserve to be safe, no matter where you are in your journey.
Get to know José.
meets you where you’re at.
Harm reduction saves lives.
Harm reduction focuses on keeping people who use alcohol and other drugs safe by offering non-judgmental care to improve their quality of life and health, prevent and manage injury and disease, and prevent fatal overdoses. It is also a movement that believes in the rights of people who use drugs and honors the dignity and worthiness of each individual.
Harm reduction can include:
- Using less than normal
- Not using alone
- Carrying and using Narcan
- Using clean needles and throwing away used ones safely
- Testing your drugs for fentanyl
- HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing
Our Helpline Specialists can help you find judgement-free services to keep you safe.
Call us to talk with a Specialist at 800.327.5050.
Find harm reduction
services and resources.
No matter where you’re at, there are people and resources to help you use more safely.
- Learn how to prevent, recognize, and respond to overdoses.
- Call the Massachusetts Overdose Prevention Line if you are using drugs alone to connect with an operator who can call for help if you experience an overdose.
- For providers: order fentanyl test strips.
- Get Narcan and connect with a supportive community at an Overdose Education and Naloxone Distribution (OEND) Program.
- Get new needles and dispose of used ones at a Needle Exchange Program.
These programs often offer bleach kits and HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing, as well as community support. You can also dispose of used needles at a Syringe and Needle Disposal Site.
- Order harm reduction informational materials.
Get to know Stella.
Your connection to services that
keep you safe.
No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll meet you where you’re at.
We’re here for you.
Helpline Specialists can help you find the harm reduction services that are right for you. Call 800.327.5050, text us at 800327, or chat with us online. If you feel more comfortable exploring your options on your own, get started by answering a few questions anonymously or searching for services online.
Get to know Ruben.